Refreshing Alice Borrower Data from MAZE
ACT Government Schools – 2008
In 2006, the process of loading borrower records from MAZE to Alice was changed because MAZE converted from using 6 digit Student codes to 7 digit student codes.
A new MAZE report must be used to export the student data to refresh Alice borrower details and a conversion process within Alice is needed to update the stored student codes in Alice to the new 7 digit codes used by MAZE.
1. Instructions and Procedures - Read this first
2. Conversion process to update old 6 digit Student Codes in Alice to the new 7 digit Student codes
· Check Alice Borrowers (Alice MUST be installed in the standard location L:\OASIS for this option to work)
3. Change all existing Alice barcodes to be the 7 digit Student Code. (Warning: Read the instructions first!)
· Barcode From ID (Alice MUST be installed in the standard location L:\OASIS for this option to work)
4. Errata and Elaborations
1. Use a USB thumb drive or network drive to transfer the MAZE export file. Floppy disks are too unreliable.
2. Keep file and directory names shorter than 8 characters because the checking and Barcode from ID programs cannot process Windows long filenames or names containing spaces.
3. Windows hides .txt file extension. By default, Windows will hide the extension of ‘known file types’, including .txt files. You can force it to display the extension in Windows Explorer. Click Tools, Folder Options, View. In Advanced Settings, remove the tick from ‘Hide extensions for known file types’.